Friday, March 30, 2012

dream{s} come true. literally.

Wow! Where to begin?! This past Saturday was a huge day for me—I moved into my own apartment here in Costa Rica! For the past 3 months I have lived with a precious Costa Rican family. I knew I would eventually move and find my own place here in Costa Rica, but I thought it would at least be a year from now before that ever happened. Never did I imagine that I’d be moving only 3 months after living here. My precious apartment is such a huge blessing for several reasons. It was the only one available in this particular complex, which only has 4 in it. The location is perfect—secure and safe and all of 2 minutes from where I work. It is fully furnished, which is not normal at all here in Costa Rica, and the list goes on. I could not have asked for a more perfect place. Yet again, my God has proved to be faithful and shown me that His timing is perfect!

 
{looking out my bedroom window} 
   {looking out my bedroom window}
   {looking out my bedroom window}















 
Having my own place has opened up the door for a new ministry to finally begin. Soul Expressions has been a dream of mine for quite a while, and I’m finally getting to see it unfold right before my eyes. God has given me a dream and a desire to take art and use it to teach children and youth of their value in Christ. The purpose of Soul Expressions is to bring in children and youth who are broken and hurting and offer them a safe, secure place where they can express themselves from their innermost being through various forms of art. I long to see youth and children restored and healed and a new generation raised up as they begin to see their value in Christ. I’m not exactly sure what all of this looks like yet, but I know that my God will continue to unfold it all little by little!
 He has continued to give me new opportunities to teach English. I am now teaching English on Mondays and Thursdays after school to 2 precious kids. On Mondays from 2:30-4:30pm I teach the sweetest little Chinese girl, JiaXin. She’s in first grade and super smart. Her mother language is Chinese, and she also speaks Spanish fluently. This is my 3rd week with her, and she is already improving in her English. We’ve been working on basic phonics and her pronunciation of words has already improved greatly. On Thursdays from 2:30-4:00pm I teach a precious little Costa Rican boy, Anthony. He’s in 3rd grade and super smart as well. This is my 2nd week with him and we’ve started working on multiplication and division, focusing on the vocabulary. He is very quick to learn, and such a precious boy to teach!

    My precious 6th graders are still wonderful as ever! Next week is our Spring Break which means I’m going to have to reign in my students a little tighter this week, so we all don’t go crazy! ;) God is continuing to move like crazy here, and I so wish you were here to see and experience it all with me! Thank you again SO MUCH for your continued prayers and support as you continue on this journey with me. I am forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment