Tuesday, May 1, 2012

beautiful opportunities


I can’t believe it’s been 4 months… goodness, how time flies! I can definitely say that it’s been the most amazing 4 months of my entire life, and I have truly loved every single second of being here! This past month brought with it several days of much needed vacation. The first week of April was our Spring Break, and I spent it relaxing in Atenas with the sweetest of people! This past week was also a week of vacation, but was spent here at home grading papers and putting grades in the computer as the 4th grading period has come to a close. There is only one more grading period left before the school year ends and my sweet students graduate! The month of April also brought with it changes and new opportunities. During the month of July I will be teaching an intensive English course to elementary aged Costa Ricans, and at the end of August the new school year starts back. I will have the precious opportunity of changing grades, and I will be teaching either 1st or 2nd grade…the official decision will be made soon. I have loved teaching my precious 6th graders, but am super excited about teaching the little ones—they hold a special place in my heart! 

I have continued to teach after school on Mondays and Thursdays helping JiaXin with English and Anthony with Math, and they each have shown great improvement. I have also continued teaching my EFL class, and my sweet students are continuing to improve more and more!

Soul Expressions is still in the baby stages, but new opportunities have begun to present themselves, and I couldn’t be happier! We have been given the opportunity to work with the Asociación obras del Espíritu Santo, an organization in downtown San Jose, Costa Rica that has allowed themselves to become parents to 350+ children born into families of prostitution, alcoholism, and drug addiction. At this moment we are still unsure of then when, what, how, but we are trusting our sweet Jesus and fully believe that His timing is perfect! http://www.obrasdelespiritusanto.org/index.php

This past month has been full of beautiful opportunities and changes, and I am beyond excited to see what else my sweet Jesus has in store! Thank you all SO MUCH for your continued prayers and support as you continue on this beautifully amazing journey with me! I am forever grateful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment