Tuesday, January 3, 2012

home.

Where do I even begin?
3000 miles away. a completely different country. living without my family. for the rest of forever. 

Most would expect me to be completely distraught at the thought of such a thing actually happening. Well, friends... it really did happen. I am 3000 miles away in a completely different country living without my family. It's reality for me, now and forever.  

Am I distraught? 
Nope. Not at all. Instead I am unbelievably happy and overjoyed! 

There is no greater feeling than when you know without a doubt that you are exactly where God has designed for you to be, and for me that's right here in Costa Rica. 

I left the states this past Saturday with a one-way plane ticket in hand. I landed in a country that I was a complete stranger to 7 months ago; a country I now call home. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by tons of love and sweet hugs from my precious friends and family here in CR. It was so wonderful arriving home to my precious house and Tica family from this summer. Oh, how I've missed this place! Here's a quick look at my precious home here in CR... 

 {my bedroom}
  {my bedroom}
  {my bedroom}
 {my bathroom}

  {my bathroom}
  {my bathroom}
 {kitchen}
  {kitchen} 
{Ligia's (my Tica mom) salon} 
 {livingroom}
 {diningroom}
 {diningroom} 
{hallway from livingroom/kitchen to my bedroom}

My arrival here was followed by an amazing time of worship Saturday night with my precious church family as we enjoyed the last hours of 2011 together worshipping our beautiful Jesus. I could not have asked for a more perfect "first day"! 

Sunday was wonderful as well. Some precious friends of mine and I went to el Parque de Diversiones (a local park) and watched a parade followed by fireworks!









The park was wonderful! It has it's own little "village," Pueblo Antiguo. If you know me then you know that I love tiny, real life, antique-y, doll house looking buildings. Needless to say, I thought Pueblo Antiguo was absolutely precious! Once the fireworks were over and everyone around had scattered we all decided it was time for dinner. After driving through the streets of CR and making it our alive we ended up at a little Chinese place, and it was quite delicious! I will definitely be revisiting that little restaurant again!

Monday brought with it rest as well as LOTS of unpacking and organizing. I must say, packing your entire life up in 4 suitcases under 50lbs. and 2 carry-ons is one of the hardest tasks ever, if not the absolute hardest! Praise Jesus it's all unpacked and organized, and I no longer have to think about it!

Today has been beyond amazing! This morning at 7:15AM I began my job as the 6th grade teacher at Sojourn Academy. Today through Friday is orientation along with meetings and much decorating and organizing of my classroom! I can't wait to post before and after photos once it's all put together! I must say, it's quite adorable!

I still cannot believe that I am here in CR living out my lifelong dream. I will never be able to fully put into words just how much my beautiful Jesus has blessed me! Never in a million years would I have dreamed of being here living out my dream---I am beyond happy and overwhelmingly full of joy to be here! Everyone always says, "Home is where the heart is." I have known that to be truer than ever in the few days I have been here. When my plane left on August 7, 2011 I was on it, but my heart clearly was not. Ever since I left that day headed back to the states my heart has been right here in Costa Rica and for good reason. CR is home. 7 months ago. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. Forever. CR will forever be home for me. It's something most would find crazy---to consider somewhere home when your family isn't there with you. It's something I will never fully be able to explain. My only answer is, Jesus. He is why CR is home---because He chose and designed for me to be right here in Costa Rica way before the foundations of the earth. That is why CR is home. Jesus.

My time here so far has been nothing short of amazing, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what all my precious Jesus has in store! I long to be a completely broken and open vessel before my King, willing to carry His name and His LOVE all across this country. Regardless of what that may mean and what it may take. I long to be a laid-down lover  for my King. 

Thank you all SO much for your continued prayers and support as I continue on this amazing journey here in Costa Rica! I am forever grateful for each of you! 


I promise to post classroom photos and updates as soon as it's all done! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment